Thursday, May 26, 2016

When Baggy Shirts Aren't Baggy Anymore

It's happening.  I'm getting bigger and bigger everyday.  It's bound to happen, I am 23 weeks and 5 days. Trust me, those 5 days are important to say.  I was getting ready for bed the other day, and I put on one of my 'baggy' shirts and to my surprise/dismay it was fitting quite snuggly across my belly.  I guess I'll just have to wear Kevin's shirts to bed from now on. ;)  I also am quickly realizing that the rubber band trick is quickly coming to an end, as well.  Unfortunately rubber bands only stretch so far.  It's really weird to see my body change so suddenly and dramatically.  It doesn't feel like my body at all.

 Most of the time I am feeling much better.  I am now throwing up around once a week. (YAY!)  But I feel sick if I don't eat enough, I feel sick if I eat too much, and I have a sour stomach right after I eat, no matter what.  Even with a gross feeling tummy, I've still somehow managed to gain 15 pounds. Thanks, Obama!  *I say this because I went out to lunch with some of my co-workers and this lady taught her 4 year old son to say this whenever anything goes wrong.  So if he's riding his bike and he falls, he says 'Thanks, Obama!'  Which I found hilarious.*

I have been craving fruit like crazy lately!  Kevin, bless his heart, does all the grocery shopping now. He asked me what I wanted from the store and I replied, 'all of the fruit.'  which reminded me of this.....
Anywho, this isn't a way of me bragging on how healthy I'm being.  I still eat whatever the heck I want.  Which includes daily nutella toast and shirley temples. (not together, obvi.)  I just really love fruit.  Especially grapefruit, which is interesting.  The sourness used to bug me a little before pregnancy, but now I love it. go figure. 


Overall, I feel like I'm really getting the hang of things when it comes to this pregnancy.  All the new symptoms feel like cake compared to how I felt before.  I can handle the having to pee every 2 minutes, backaches, leg cramps, and gross taste in my mouth. (except the last one makes me angry sometimes, it's so so so so so disgusting.)  Work is getting more and more tedious as the days go by.  All the stupid work issues feel secondary to everything else I have going on in my life.  This pregnancy has really put things into perspective for me, for which I am grateful.  Family is the most important thing.  Work drama = way less important.  September still seems like it's so far away, but on the other hand, I still have so much to do.  Pack, move, unpack, get the nursery ready, and start buying baby boy things.  Poor guy has almost nothing right now.  But I don't want to buy things now and have to move them to the new house, when I could just buy them in a few weeks. 

Keep on cooking in there, baby.  Can't wait to meet you.

   
Yes, I just took a picture in the bathroom at work and was too lazy to take off my sweatshirt.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for a belly pic! You look so cute! (and try putting salt on your grapefruit, i know it sounds crazy, but trust me. YUM!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest Prego lady ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving these posts!!!! You are such a cute Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I had that gross taste in my mouth too! It was so awful and nothing got rid of it! So excited for your Baby Boy! (Sept. babies are great!)

    ReplyDelete