Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Pregnancy Milestones, so far.

Jan. 13th - took a home pregnancy test.  Found out I was pregnant!  
Feb. 14th - 9 weeks.  Told our parents and siblings.  Told Kevin's parents with a grandparents book and Kevin's siblings with the 8 week ultrasound picture. Told my family with a sneaky cupcake insert that said 'Baby Bowen ~ September 2016.'  
March 4th - 11 weeks, almost 12 weeks. First big ultrasound!  Found out baby is doing just great after a little scare.  So weird to see a little jumping and squirming human when I could feel nothing.
 16 weeks - Really felt baby kick!   Kevin could feel it a few days later.  (We have a mover and a shaker.)
19 weeks - 2nd big ultrasound!  The tech was able to tell the gender, but we asked her to put it in a sealed envelope for our gender reveal party.  
April 29th - Gender reveal party!  My awesome friend, Alexis prepped for the big reveal.  I gave her the sealed envelope and she filled  black water balloons with homemade paint. We bought a canvas board and stuck tacks through the back - and when we were ready we threw the balloons at the board.  It was SO MUCH FUN!  We had our friends and family there, and everyone was so supportive and helpful.  My mom and brother brought delicious cookies, and Kevin's mom decorated with the cutest onesies and prepared fruit and bought yummy candy.  The 5 day wait was definitely worth it.  We cannot wait for our BABY BOY to arrive! I was so excited when I got home from the party, I could not stop looking up baby boy things.  I even woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn't go back to sleep because I was so excited.   As hard as this pregnancy has been, I feel so grateful for this little guy.  Pregnancy truly is a miracle.    





No comments:

Post a Comment