Monday, January 28, 2013

Some Simple Things

Today has been a good day.  Today was the first day that we've seen the sun all year!  Ok, this might be an exaggeration, but I don't think so.... January has been awful.  Despite the snow storm last night, today has been warm (er) and bright and it has changed my mood dramatically.

Kevin is in the midst of studying for the DAT.  He is constantly going through flash cards and writing things on his white board.  He's doing a great job!  He did awesome on his first practice test.  The test isn't until May, so it's going to be a long ride.

I enjoy teaching more and more everyday.  At first I was missing my old students, but my  new group will be awesome too.  Except there are some in my Dance1A class that should be in my Dance 1B class and vice-versa.  There's a group in my Dance 1B class that are way behind everybody else and are chatty and they drive me crazy.  I'm hoping that once we start working on our dance for the concert they will shape up. Other than that, things are going good.  The best days are when I am in a good mood, my students are in a good mood, and the class goes so smoothly.  I live for these days, they  make everything worth it. 

On Saturday Kevin  had a guys night and I had a girls night.  I was able to see my BFFs Alexis and Jessica.  We haven't all been together since my wedding.  Things get busy!  It was great to spend some quality time with my girls. (Kevin had fun too.)

There you have it.  Some simple things that keep us busy, make us happy so that we can get through this winter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment