Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Random Wednesday

This post has no point other than to tell you about one of my favorite books, "The Ordinary Princess."  I have read this book probably like 10 times.  It's short, and I usually read it in one night.  It's basically a children's book, but I still love it, and I can't help it.  I don't necessarily love to read, but when there's  a book I like I go crazy for it. (Harry Potter, anyone??) 

The Ordinary Princess is about the youngest Princess who received the gift of being ordinary. Eventaully she runs away, lives in the forest, finds a job when her clothes are falling apart, and falls in love.  Maybe I connect with it because I am ordinary, I am the youngest, I always wanted to live in a magical forest, and I have something inside me that wants to do the unexpected at times.  Example:  In High School I was the only one of my sisters to not do Pep Club.  Maybe this silly act of 'rebellion' was to prove that I was different and had different interests.  Being the last of four girls could be challenging at times, but mostly awesome. :)  Don't worry though, instead of Pep Club I was a dance company officer my junior and senior years and that kept me PLENTY busy.  Plus for homecoming my senior year, my fellow non-pep clubber Abby and I dressed up like the Pep Club, learned their dance, and went down on the field during the Homecoming game to perform with them.  (That's a story for another time. We thought we were sooo funny.)

I know that I will keep coming back to this silly book as one of my favorites.  I will read this to my daughter.  If I don't have a daughter, my son will have to suck it up and listen to it. 



Another one of my favorite books is 'The Westing Game."  All of my favorite books are books I read when I was a pre-teen.  What does that say about me?  If you haven't read it, read it.  It's awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment