Friday, March 15, 2013

Fitness

Here I am blogging on a Friday night.  Kevin is at a movie with his friend.  I was invited, but declined.  It's one of those nights where all I feel like doing is laying on the couch and watching tv.  Kevin felt bad leaving me, but it's his last day of spring break and I don't mind because I can choose anything I want to watch! (and I'm tired and sore)

It has been almost a year since I graduated and thus stopped dancing everyday.  That, along with the long horrible winter I have not exercised as much as I should have.  This wonderful weather has motivated me to try to change my bad habits and start exercising again.  Last Saturday I took an awesome jazz class for the first time in a very long while and that got me pumped.  I was feeling so good when I got home I decided to immediately go for a run.  I have always hated running, but I have always wanted to be a runner.  It's the worst contradiction.  So I am trying to kick start my fitness by running more often.  I am proud to say that I have gone on a run everyday this week so far and I plan on finishing it off tomorrow.  This will definitely not last, but my goal is to go around 3-4 days a week.

Some days have been better than others, but I never go very long or very fast.  I have to start somewhere, right?  Kevin even went with me to Sugar House Park today.  He hates running more than me, or anyone else I know.  So I'm thinking we'll go on lot's of hikes this spring/summer, and running can be a solo activity for me. Unless anyone wants to go with me!  Just give me a few weeks until I feel a little more confident.  Don't worry, I won't post pictures of me in my sports bra or anything, but I decided to blog about my feeble running attempts so I won't give up.  Because then I'll just feel stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment